What is Early Start?
Early Start is a combination of children's centres and health visiting staff working together in teams.
Early Start recognises the importance of early intervention and giving every child, in every community, the best start in life.
Early Start services for children and families will work closely in your area. This will include a variety of staff such as health visitors, children's centre staff, community nurses and family outreach workers. They will continue to work with GP's, midwives, schools and youth services amongst others.
Early Start will deliver services such as health, childcare, play, early learning and development to meet the needs of children and families from pregnancy up to your child's 5th birthday.
We will ensure the right staff deliver the right services which meet the needs of youg children and families in Leeds.
What will Early Start do?
It will provide the right services, in the right place, at the right time for all children and families from pregnancy up to your child's 5th birthday.
Early Start teams will:
- Provide all families with a clear point of contact, clear communication and realistic choices.
- Work with the families and communities to improve health and education outcomes.
- Support families to keep children safe from harm.
- Deliver additional services for families in greater need.
- Work together with every child and family, providing a range of services in your own home, children's centre or other local community venues.
- Work together with children and families who will benefit from additional support.
- Develop family support in partnership with other services where ongoing help is required.
- Support your community in developing a range of services that assist you to raise your baby/pre-school child and make sure you know about them.
Early Start will ensure these services and simpler, better, local and most importantly, easy to access by every child and family in Leeds.
Who are your Early Start team?
Our Early Start team is made up with the following teams:
Farnley Children's Centre,
Armley Moor Children's Centre,
Castleton Children's Centre and
Thornton Health Visiting team.
FACT is our Early Start Team name.