Castleton Children's Centre and Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout our school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a range of activities and experiences across the curriculum.
- To ensure that all pupils make progress, including vulnerable groups.
- To ensure that the school environment is as accessible as possible for all pupils, staff and visitors.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities, race, religion and gender.
- To ensure that there are sufficient opportunities within the school’s curriculum to address equalities issues.
- To monitor bullying and harassment of pupils and staff by race, disability, religion and gender and is this information used to make a difference to the experience of other pupils.
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to all curriculum enhancement opportunities including after school clubs.
- To allow equal access to information for all parents.
The steps being taken to promote equality are included in the following policy documents which can be found on the Policy Page:
- Accessibility Plan
- Friendship Policy
- Behaviour (Care and Control within policy)
- Equality (including Racial Equality)
- SEND and Inclusion
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions
Please view the information on the curriculum page which shows the expectations from learners to be inclusive including having a School Council.
Please also view our class pages which shows the variety in learning and the diverse population of the school.
When recruiting new staff all adverts include “We promote diversity and want a work force which reflects the population of Leeds” and the school has adopted the Leeds City Council Equality Policy.